As one of the world’s oldest and most dynamic cultures — a bastion of civilization with a continuous history of over 5,000 years — China has been near the top of every explorer’s bucket list since the days of Marco Polo. This most populous of countries is home to an astonishing array of sights, sounds, and smells. Emerging as a world power in the last few years, 21stcentury China offers an incredible blend of the ultra-modern and the ancient, with towering skyscrapers presiding over centuries-old traditional dwellings. Only in China can you wander the hutongs and the Forbidden City in old Beijing, soak in the stunning mountainous beauty of Guilin, sail the mighty Yangtze River, see the Terracotta Soldiers in Xi’an, and climb the iconic Great Wall. Superlatives simply are not enough for China. A land of staggering physical beauty and biodiversity — not to mention arguably the world’s most diverse and delicious cuisines — China is true feast for the travel senses.
A leading provider of private tours, Diverse China Travel shares their deeply beloved nation with clients from all over the world—from small, untouristed villages in the west to popular destinations such as Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi’an. The company specializes particularly in responsible travel: Protecting the diversity of land and culture and helping local communities is what Diverse China Travel does best.
Year Established – 2003
Region of Operation: People’s Republic of China
Specialty: Luxury FIT Tours
Tour Extensions: YES – to all regions of China including Tibet
F2, Building B,
Tianshuiyuan Business Center,
No.2, Tianshuiyuan Dongli,
Chaoyang District, Beijing,
- Everyone on the Diverse China team is fully fluent in the company’s destinations, from the big cities to the small villages, from leisurely culture tours to challenging adventures. That’s because they all share a love for the beautiful land of China, and a passion for sharing its diverse nature and authentic culture. We believe flexibility is also key: Every customized program can be adjusted in the field, based on clients’ requests, often at no extra charge. Moreover, our guides never take travelers to shops that offer kick-backs, as is common practice here. Diverse China is also a member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association, a thriving community of more than 700 businesses, destinations, and media that pledge to transform customers into advocates for sustainability and justice worldwide.
Diverse China Travel (DCT) does its best to reduce any negative influence that travel can have on nature and culture—they believe, in fact, that this is one of the most important parts of their work. A few examples:
• In 2006, DCT built the first primary school in Liangtianwan Village, Yunnan Province, and has helped build three additional primary schools in Yunnan.
• Since 2010, DCT has provided financial aid to children from low-income families in western Yunnan.
• In every destination, DCT gives priority to native local guides who are qualified.
• DCT is a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, an initiative sponsored by the United Nations’ World Tourism Organization.